Saturday, July 24, 2010

History

I'm starting this blog about 3 months after I began this journey.  I dont want to try and redo the last three months, but I thought I would just try and catch up a little here.

As I mentioned I am 45. Recently married in 2009, and have a 6 month old baby.  I have a 10 and an 8 year old from a previous marriage.  My wife was a recent professional who has retired and is training to become a Yoga master (or whatever they are called. I've done Yoga once). So that is where the seed came from.  My wife gave up red meat a while back and has been gravitating to this since starting her training. This isn't about her though, I want to talk about what happened with me, and in the process, try and figure out what I want to do.

One day after returning from a trip to Colorado (we live in southern Ohio), I told my wife that I was going to go vegan all out, just like that.  I foreshadowed this in Co. while dining with a sales colleague, and I informed her (as I was eating carnitas tacos) that I was thinking about giving up meat.  Little did I realize, that was coming the following weekend.  So there it was.  I decided that we were not going to buy any more meat products, cheese, eggs, etc, and eat what we had, and ramp into this.  That lasted about a day.  From that moment on, I started down a road, that I could not explain why I was on.

No comments:

Post a Comment